Ł. Kawodrza (a settlement by rybna river)
In 1356, King Casimir the Great allowed brothers Leonard and Kanimir, the heirs of Częstochowa, to found a village in the oak forest belonging to the Częstochowa estate, on the river called Rybna (today called Stradomka), "in territorio Cracoviensi" under German Neumarkt law. Kanimir and Leonard, as well as the peasants and the village headman, were granted judicial immunity and 20 years of tax-free status. On 9 August 1382, in his foundation privilege, Prince Władysław Opolczyk offered the Pauline Order at Jasna Góra "the villages of Old Częstochowa (Częstochówka) and Kawodrza together with the ironworks and pond as well as the manor farm". The same was confirmed in the privilege of King Władysław Jagiełło of 24 February 1393, maintaining the donations of Prince Opolczyk. Near the road to Kawodrza, in addition to the inn, there was the so-called Pilny Mill on Stradomka river – consisting of one wheel in 1530 – which belonged to the monks of Jasna Góra. As it is known from Liber beneficiorum by Jan Długosz, in the years 1470–1480, the village had 6 peasants' fields: each peasant paid 30 gr. rent and was obliged to work one day a year at harvest time. In 1564, 12 peasants gave 2 measures of oats as tribute and additionally 1 measure of oats in the event of the king's arrival. (The measure used here was called "korzec" and can be roughly compared to a bushel).