About the project
"THE MAGIC OF THE OLD CITY HALL"
The project was co-financed from the budget of the Silesian Province as part of the Silesian Package for Tourism in 2021.
The project consisted of creating the online information and education platform www.staryrynek.muzeumczestochowa.pl, promoting the revitalized Old Market Square in Częstochowa
Concept of the platform by: Magdalena Wieczorek-Szmal, Maciej Kosiński, Wojciech Sowula
In cooperation with: dr Łukasz Pabich, Gerta Bielińska, Małgorzata Szczęsna, Mariusz Grzyb, Agnieszka Ciuk-Koćwin, Iwona Młodkowska-Przepiórowska, Amadeusz Szklarz-Habrowski IH PAN (selection of cartography)
Proofreading: Katarzyna Jezierska
Photographs of the artifacts and architecture, graphic editing of the photos, 360/3D photography: Jacek Śliwczyński
Excavation photos by Zbigniew Przepiórkowski and from the Archive of the Częstochowa Museum were also used
"Igrce Częstocha" written by: Jerzy Kędziora
Factual preparation of the educational game "17th century costumes": Bożena Mszyca
The catalog of artifacts includes items from the collections of the Częstochowa Museum and the Museum of the Archdiocese of Częstochowa. The catalog incorporates images of maps from the Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw:
• A French map from 1809.
• Plan de la defense du fort de Czenstochowa par les... (assembly 402, signature 523-7)
• A Russian map from around 1812.
• Kwartirmajsterskoj Czasti Sztabskapitan Fitingof... (assembly 402, signature 69-18)
• A Prussian map from around 1795.
• Close-up of the first section of Plan von einer in Ald Czenstochau belegenen Wustel Baustelle und einem Kruger
• Close-up of section five of Situations Plan von der Vogtei Czenstochau nach dem reduc'iren Maas... (assembly 402, signature 209-33)
• and from the holdings of the Silesian Library
• A sketch manuscript plan of Częstochowa and the fortifications of Jasna Góra from the times of the Duchy of Warsaw
The project was co-financed from the budget of the Silesian Province as part of the Silesian Package for Tourism in 2021, as part of the task "The Magic of the Old City Hall in Częstochowa".