Church of St. Barbara
During excavations carried out in 2015 at the intersection of Nadrzeczna and Jaskrowska Streets, foundations of the Church of St. Barbara were discovered, known from written sources, and iconographic and cartographic representations. There was a cemetery next to the church. Only parts to the west and south of the church have survived. Several hundred graves were uncovered and examined, along with pits and trenches containing human remains from graves destroyed after the cemetery was no longer used. Anthropological studies of bone remains showed that over 3,000 people were buried in this part of the cemetery. In the vicinity, foundations of another building, undefined in terms of function, were discovered, as well as a treasure of silver coins from the 17th century.
Based on collected sources, we know that the Church of St. Barbara was built in the 16th century. It functioned as a sacred building until 1809. It is unclear when the cemetery was first used; we only know that it ceased to function in 1825.